Oct 3, 2008

Even our own worlds are connected

We all have our own worlds that we shelter away from everyone else. Even when we do share it, it is filtered through the eyes of another. No one can ever truly know what we know, the way that we know it. Just as history is subjective, so is our inner life. Events lead us to the conclusions we must draw in order to grow, mature, and learn.

It's an endless cycle. (And it's speeding up. All of it. Everything is coming together faster than before.)

As I can never truly share all of my life, I have to respect that others will hold theirs aside as well. Recognizing this is a large step.

As I said regarding the significance of written words, to each a different meaning is borne. I have to accept that none will know them the way that I do. In a way it's comforting; the feelings inspired will always be my own. But that same comfort can be confining. Living through our values and beliefs is essential, but self-tainting and meaningless if experienced in isolation. We'll forever be trapped in our own meanings, yet to live we must share them and expect others to understand when they can only truly understand their own? It's such an odd concurrence that existence is written this way, but it's what makes this reality so interesting. We are interdependent, yet believe we are acting alone. We each think that our actions can't possibly affect all of existence, but it does in every way. We are all a part of everything.

Everyone has to realize this in the deepest recesses of our own worlds. It's all connected. It serves a purpose.

So now I know I don't have to convey this to others...they already know. They just need to realize why they know it. And it will happen just as I am discerning; some later or sooner than others in many different ways...but it will happen inevitably.

Once you have a certain outlook, pondering the intricacies and the canvas is astounding, simple, complex, beautiful, and frightening.

No comments: