Oct 21, 2008

Dream Sequences

I've become lost in my own escapism. Dreaming of events that may never occur; analyzing encounters that have little reason to take place. Scrutinizing and reshaping every possible scenario of an improbable meeting. What purpose does this serve? What good is it to know someone as intimately as I do in my imagination when its realization may never come to pass?

My imagination is a blessing and a curse. It's a part of me that I get lost in periodically, and I fall for it every time because I love it. It's a terrible addiction if left unchecked, and releasing myself from its grip is sometimes an awful comedown. Who wants to live in reality when you can make your own?

Whatever the trigger this time around, I need to come back and externalize what I have learned during this escapade. I must seek closure to the tangent that I've been on for the past few weeks. In this instance it requires me to finally create the object that caused the tangent in the first place. Once it actually exists, then I can decide what further course of action needs to be taken. I think I may have realized the outcome already, but there is still the glimmer of hope for another ending...

No comments: