Sep 24, 2008

Nothing is ever meaningless

No matter the circumstances, every song has meaning. Even if the author denies creativity or lack of interest, the creation still has meaning to those who appreciate it. A song inevitably and eternally becomes a piece of at least one person's life. Words in themselves can have so many meanings to one person let alone many. I'm finding that some songs mean different things to me years later. (Am I ahead of the game or behind? Or right where I'm supposed to be?) There are songs I didn't enjoy when I was young, but now find intriguing and vice versa.

I find that I'm now less self-centered and more self-aware. My world has grown, but grown smaller. I try to understand myself, because it's the only thing that helps me to understand others. Billions of people in the world, and what is it all for? I used to wonder how I could connect with others. Is it a matter of who has suffered the most? Commanded the most? Experienced the most? Loved the most? No. Not at all. Simply realizing that there is already a bond older than time itself is the first step. My conscious mind finds small things I can quickly endear to aid in meeting "new" people, but ultimately I don't need to do this because I already know them. I know everyone.

But,

Even as secure as it feels to know everyone, an antagonist still has its part. Balance can only exist when there are two halves. The only control we have is whether we are good or evil. Our actions are our own.

No comments: