Feb 9, 2010

Keeping Perspective

Time to back up again. Take it easy. The music isn't going anywhere. Breathe.

I feel like I need the music to fuel something. I need it to do something. I feel *driven*. Steve Pavlina asked yesterday, "Is your music still in you?" I know mine is. What can I share? What would others appreciate from me? What do they need me to do for them? All I can muster right now is dancing/rocking my heart out as I drive, cook, bake, and play Star Trek. This relieves tension in the short-term, but it's not enough.

I wrote some poetry the other day, which I really enjoyed. (I've always enjoyed the creation process for writing.) And for once I'm not ashamed of it in any way because it came from my heart. It was genuine. I felt it quite deeply. It's not perfect, but would I like it if it was?

Should I be writing? ...Should I write about what I feel inspired by? If only I could travel and be inspired to write and share this with others. It's such a fantasy; my writing could use a lot of work to boot. The beauty of writing is that you can write about anything your heart wishes. I'm just not sure how I would share that with others.

Ah, I already wrote a much better post about why I like to write. So what am I waiting for?

No comments: