Feb 10, 2010

Passion Without Attachment

What does that mean? A love for music without judgment? Helping others with no expectations? Creativity without concern of outcome? It means I must accept everything as a potential muse and not become reliant on one thing. I must love and appreciate everything.

But, oh, the daydreams I've had! They are so wonderful, yet terrible. I suppose they are a byproduct of fear. Fear of pursuing dreams. Attachment to a symbol and perceived identity. (Although I did run into an odd synchronicity between a portion of the daydream and real life. I'll keep it in mind.)

Focus: Be thankful for what I have. I have beautiful music that fills me with energy. Will I ever see them live? If I don't, it won't lessen my enjoyment of the music. I can always see them in my dreams. Will I ever meet them in person? They have their own lives, as do I. They have their own path just like I do. If our paths happen to intersect, wonderful. If not, rejoice in their journey.

No comments: