Jan 17, 2012

From a Companion

If you could sweep me away, 
I would never hesitate.
There's so much routine to run from.
I dream of you between these repeating grey days.

My enthusiasm for life has died.
Resurrect it with your child's perspective.
Show me the magic of this world
that I have become too numb to see.

I am just a shell of what I used to feel.
Memories no longer sting, warm, or entice.
Day in day out, repeating grey days.
But you will never come, will you?

*********

External, pessimistic, and a little fatalist, perhaps, but a good representation of how some of the Doctor's companions (or probable companions) might feel. They always rely on the Doctor for everything at first. Everything becomes his fault, and he is expected to fix everything. And the Doctor puts up with it, to an extent, because he challenges himself to be useful and important. He wants to be needed since he's destroyed so much in his life.

No comments: